Erin and I made curry shrimp for our anniversary meal. Other than I realized we had no curry powder and had to get some in a hurry, and we had to mash the corriander ourselves, everything went off without a hitch. Ironic considering we were celebrating getting hitched. Food was super tasty. We had miso soup with it too.
It is not a lie, nor is it made of wood. [Other comment about wood redacted]
Happy anniversary Erin! This is just a tiny fraction (a small slice, if you will) of our time together.
I cooked some bacon in a pot on medium, with a lid on to prevent spattering. Then I got busy reading g some things, and when I decided to check the bacon, the pan lid was merely containing smoke. I held pot to air vent to let smoke out and FOOM! Flames! I almost poured water in it, but thought better. Grease and all. Instead I had Erin open the flour and I dropped handfuls on it. I should have just put the lid back on.
The smoke was preventing fire until I removed the lid and allowed oxygen to enter.
We do have an extinguisher near the stove, but I didn’t want to use it when the fire seemed completed contained in the pan. I already wasted good bacon, and maybe ruined a pan. Didn’t want to have to buy a new extinguisher too!
At least I learned that the fire alarms won’t wake the kids up.